Zip Isle - Zip Line Canopy Adventure
Ride on 7 exciting Big Island zip lines with the last zip line racing your friend. Walk across the 150' suspension bridge over waterfalls that stretch as far as you can see.
Canopy Tours, also known as Zip Line Tours, have increased in popularity in recent years due to the thrill of the ride and the increasing range of skill levels that can accommodated. Zip Isle Zip Line provides ground-to-ground landing and gravity breaking to allow you the best zip line experience for a broad range of riders.
Zip Isle has partnered with Experience Based Learning to create a safe & secure course. The Big Island Zip lines course is engineered by a Hawaii licensed and certified Professional Engineer and Structural Engineer for safety & excitement.
On the Zip Isle Zip Line Canopy Tour you are lead through the course by certified and interesting local guides. The zip line guides share interesting and fun information about the surroundings. Your Big Island zip lines tour through and under the canopy of the rain forest trees is accomplished without harming the beauty visitors to the area desire to enjoy! Trees nearby the tour are pruned of dead limbs and are in better care now than before the zip line tour was installed.
Our Big Island zip lines run above and through the rain forest canopy, not just across open fields on towers. Fly above the Honopueo stream with its little waterfalls, beautiful pools, and flowering trees. Zip between old growth trees almost close enough to touch. As you walk between zips, you will see exotic plants in our gardens and listen to botanical talks by our guides. At the end of your Zip Isle Big Island Zip Lines tour, you can visit all the areas in our botanical gardens and see Kamaee Falls, whose water comes out of a lava tube from Mauna Kea. It is a very historic waterfall used by ancient Hawaiians and home to endangered species.
Reserve the Zip Isle Zip Lines Canopy Adventure with Hawaii Discount today! Make lasting memories with Big Island Zip Lines, one of the best Big Island Activities.
- Where and When:
- Location: The World Botanical Gardens - Honomu, East Big Island. Check in 30 minutes prior to tour time. From Hilo:
Drive north on Hwy 19. Prior to mile marker 16 you will see our sign. Turn Left on Leopolino Rd and drive about 1 block. Turn right and proceed to Registration at the World Botanical Gardens Visitor Center.
From Kona or Waikoloa - via Waimea:
Follow Hwy 19 (or 190) through Waimea toward Hilo. Just before mile marker 16 you will will see our sign at the Umauma Bridge. Turn right within a few hundred feet at Leopolino Rd. Follow the signs to the World Botanical Gardens Visitor Center Registration area.View Map
Please wear close-toed shoes, no sandals. We recommend sunscreen and bug spray. If you wear glasses, be sure to have something to secure them. If you have long hair or dangling jewelry you must secure them to ensure your safety.
- Must weigh between 70 and 270 pounds and recommended for those 10 years and older. Participants under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign their waiver form. Participants under 16 years of age must have a parent or guardian on the tour with themParticipants should be able to walk short distances on trails and have an adventurous attitude about reaching heights of over 100 feet!
- The tour may not suitable for women who are pregnant or those with medical conditions or health concerns. Participants will not be allowed to zip if they are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Special Notes:
- Please wear close-toed shoes, no sandals. We recommend sunscreen and bug spray. If you wear glasses, be sure to have something to secure them. If you have long hair or dangling jewelry you must secure them to ensure your safety.
- Operation Days:
- about 2 hours
- Botanical World Adventures
- Big Island
- 12 participants
- Zip Isle supplies top rated safety equipment such as harnesses, helmets and zip line hardware for each guest. Zip Isle adheres to the safety standards set for Canopy Tours by ANSI Accredited Professional Ropes Course Association.