Hilo Ocean Adventures - Hilo Bay Myths & Legends Rafting Adventure
Enjoy a relaxing boat ride while seeing some of the sights of
historic Hilo town! Hilo Ocean Adventures offers a journey to discover
the myths and legends of ancient of Hawaii!
Go back in time to where ancient Polynesian explorers discovered the island and gave meaning and stories to this tropical island. Discover mo'olelo, oral histories, of islets of refuge, healing waters, Hawaii Island's iconic goddess of fire and ice (Pele & Poli'ahu), and the legendary Maui!
Explore Hilo's culturally rich coast within the protected Hilo Bay. Even travel upstream on Hawaii's longest river to peek at the mysterious jungle waterfalls and visit Maui's "canoe" that he took up to visit his mother Hina.
- Views of historic Hilo town from the water
- Learn about oral histories & ancient polynesians
- Hear the stories & legends of Hawaii Island about Pele & Poli'ahu and Maui.
- Visit Maui's "canoe" and see the longest river and a tropical waterfall.
- Possible sea turtle sightings
Includes local snacks & drinks.