Ocean Encounters - Kealakekua Reef Snorkel
On this 4-hour adventure you’ll cruise down the Kona Coast to Kealakekua Bay, one of the best snorkel spots in all of Hawaii. During the cruise you’re likely to see Hawaiian spinner and spotted dolphins. Seeing dolphins in their natural environment is something that you won’t soon forget.
Upon arrival at the marine sanctuary of Kealakekua Bay, strap on your snorkel gear and jump in. The pristine waters and the vibrant reef are home to hundreds of species of fish. You’ll be able to see colorful schools of fish, reefs, and pods of spinner dolphins that are also commonly spotted in the bay.
New to snorkeling? Don’t worry. The Ocean Encounters crew specializes in first-time snorkelers because they believe that everyone should get the chance to experience Kona’s spectacular underwater beauty. Their first mates will snorkel with you until you feel comfortable on your own. They have excellent flotation devices and a wide assortment of masks, snorkels and rubber fins, from sizes 1 to 13. All gear is included for your enjoyment.
- Cruise down the Kona Coast and enjoy beautiful shoreline views
- Snorkel at Kealakekua Bay, home to a wide variety of colorful tropical fish and a spectacular coral reef
- See the Captain Cook Monument
- Snorkel gear (mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit if necessary, flotation devices)
- Light snacks
- Beverages of soda and water