Living Ocean Scuba - Hanauma Bay Scuba Dive
Monthly Special - book this tour and get an additional $10 discount on another activity! Call in reservations only.
Please read requirements and restrictions. There are no refunds for those who book this tour and are disqualified due to medical requirements.
**Certified divers are permitted to participate in this tour. However, please note that certified and non-certified divers will be on the same tour. About 1/2 of the tour will be instruction for the non-certified divers.
Start off by meeting the instructor at the gift shop at the entrance of Hanauma Bay. Once there you'll get checked in and fill out any appropriate forms needed before viewing the orientation film for Hanauma Bay. After orientation, everyone will be given a thorough safety lesson by a licensed PADI Scuba Instructor and then ride the tram to the beach. After a shore in-water practice session the group will begin an underwater tour of Hanauma Bay with the dive instructor leading the way and helping anyone in need on the tour. Maximum dive depth for the tour is 40 feet and the in-water portion of the tour will end prior to the scuba tanks running low or after approximately 1 hour of in water activity.
Hanauma Bay Scuba Dive:
Scuba Tour Participant Requirements for Divers:
- Available only on Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday due to commercial tour permits (applies to all Hanauma Bay tours)
- 2 daily scuba diving tours: 7:30 am pick-up and 11:30 am return, 12:35 pm pick-up and 4:30 pm return
- Single tank shore dive
- Hanauma Bay park entrance fee is included
- Must be at least 10 years old
- English speaking
- 18-hour interval between scuba tour and flight required
- Must provide height, weight and shoe size for equipment
- Complete medical questionnaire
- Any answer of “YES” requires a medical doctor’s signature prior to diving
Any Answer of “Yes” will prohibit participation without prior doctor’s note.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear of sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attacks of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health, mental or psychological problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery of blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy of take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?