Kahua Ranch Sunset Dinner
Nestled in the Kohala Mountains at 3,200 feet above sea level, the historic Kahua Ranch invites you to a memorable sunset dinner under the stars. Upon arrival, you'll be greeted by a family member by an open campfire and learn about the history of this 8,500 acre working cattle ranch. Then you're off to a mouthwatering steak & chicken dinner buffet with all the fixin's, including macadamia nut pie for dessert. There's also an open bar with Kona Brewery beer, red and white wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages.
After dinner, participate in several traditional paniolo (cowboy) activities: learn how to rope, pitch horseshoes, line dance, sing along while roasting marshmallows by the campfire, and brand a shingle to take home with you. You can even do some stargazing through a powerful deluxe 8" Celestron telescope and enjoy the jewels of the Hawaiian night sky (weather permitting).
- Enjoy an award-winning evening sunset dinner at a historic Big Island ranch
- Line dancing demonstration
- Roping instructions
- Brand a cedar shingle and take it home
- Pitch horseshoes or play tetherball
- Make S'mores and have a campfire sing-a-long
- Meet Piggly Wiggly, the Kahua Ranch pet pig (who thinks she is a dog)
- Grilled Steak and Chicken
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Corn on the Cob
- Ranch-Style Baked Beans
- Fresh Greens
- Hawaiian Bread with Butter
- Macadamia Nut Pie
Beverages are included all night. The open bar serves Kona Brewery beer, red and white wine, juice, soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and bottled water.