Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Craters & Coffee Tour
Departing from Hilo, this is a great combo tour that includes a 70-minute helicopter tour of the Big Island's volcanoes, as well as a 20-minute walking and coffee tasting tour! Upon departure from Hilo airport, you'll fly over Kilauea volcano to enjoy fascinating views of the world's most active volcano.
You'll then land at the Ka'u Coffee Mill, where you'll be greeted by mill manager Louis Daniele for a "seed-to-cup" walking tour through coffee orchards and milling and roasting rooms. You'll also have the chance to taste their freshly brewed coffees (several varieties of Hawaiian-made coffee), as well as macadamia nuts and chocolate-covered coffee beans, also known as "buzz-berries."
Back on the helicopter, enjoy views of the island's newest landscapes that were just created after the recent volcanic eruption in June 2018 near Pohoiki and Kapoho Bay. Enjoy views of towering sea cliffs and black sand beaches.
- Helicopter and coffee tasting combo tour
- 70 minutes helicopter tour of Big Island volcanoes and lava landscapes
- 20-25 minute walking/coffee tasting tour
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot