Paradise Helicopters - Kohala Coast & Waterfalls
Departing from Kona Airport, this Big Island helicopter tour takes you to the Kohala valleys and the breathtaking 2,500 ft waterfalls and sheer cliff faces. On the way, you'll see the dried lava flows on the Kona and Kohala coasts from the 1801 Hualalai volcano eruption and the 1859 Mauna Loa volcano eruption. Dotting the shoreline are the pristine white and black sand beaches, including Mahai’ula, Kiholo, Anaeho’omalu and Hapuna.
Flying over Kohala your pilot will show you its rugged coastline and lush valleys and will also share interesting facts about this region's significance in Hawaiian history as the birthplace of King Kamehameha the Great.
- 2,500 ft waterfalls and rugged coastlines
- Frozen lava flows in Kona and Kohala
- Black and white sand beaches
- Lush landscape of Kohala
- Birthplace of King Kamehameha the Great
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.