Paradise Helicopters - Sunset Experience (from Kona)
Join Paradise Helicopters for a Sunset Helicopter Experience from Kona. See the afternoon beauty of Big Island, including spectacular beaches tucked along lava fields, Kona and Kohala Coasts, Kohala Mountains, Halema'uma'u Crater (where lava glow might be seen), and more! See the sights of Punalu'u black sand beach, Papakolea green sand beach and Kealakekua Bay. The sun should begin to set towards the bay and light the sky with fiery orange and bright colors.
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Kona and Kohala coasts
- Kohala mountains and valleys
- Several waterfalls
- Mauna Loa, the world's largest volcano
- The glow of Halema'uma'u Crater and lava (sightings are not guaranteed and entirely dependent on conditions)
- Black and green sand beaches
- Kealakekua Bay
- Sunset view and if conditions are right the "green flash"
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat
next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing
the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to
weight and balance restrictions.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
guests weighing between 265 lbs and 315 lbs (120-142 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge. If
you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between these
amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 315 lbs (142
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 315 lbs (142 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
- Transportation: Free round-trip transportation is available
on a limited basis for guests in the Kona Coast area,
Hapuna area and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick-up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait, you'll need to make other arrangements.