Paradise Helicopters - Volcano by Air & Land (From Kona)
Departing from the Kona International Airport, this Big Island helicopter tour allows you to see the most recent volcanic activity and explore the island on foot! In addition to a spectacular air tour of the Big Island, this tour includes sinking your toes into a gorgeous black sand beach, sipping award-winning Kona coffee, visiting an art gallery and more!
Fly over the world-famous Kona coffee district en route to the volcano area and skirt three of the Big Island's impressive volcanoes: Hualalai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Once you arrive at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will search out the day's activity – a lava stream, a burning forest fire, or lava entering the ocean.
After the aerial portion of this tour, you will land in Hilo to meet your expert interpretive guide who will travel with you through the rugged landscape of the Ka'u district, home to historic farming plantations and the spectacular Punalu'u Black Sand Beach. This tour perfectly blends nature and culture.
- Big Island helicopter tour of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Landing in Hilo for the land portion of the tour
- Travel through the remote and rugged Ka'u district
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach while searching for basking green sea turtles
- View Rainbow Falls from a private gazebo
- Sample award-winning farm fresh coffee, along with other island treats, such as macadamia nuts, honey and chocolate at the Ka'u Coffee Mill
- Stroll through a native Hawaiian rainforest at the Volcano Art Center, see locally made art and learn about the latest eruption information
- Explore a historic 165-year-old working ranch known for its sprawling view planes, native forest and wildlife, such as cattle, goats, sheep and horses
- Discover breathtaking views of Kilauea and the Kau coast and catch a glimpse of the Halemaumau Crater from a private view point on Mauna Loa
- Immerse yourself in ancient Hawaiian legends and mythology, with a focus on Pele, Hawaii's fire goddess
- Return flight from Hilo to Kona airport – view more spectacular island attractions, such as remote waterfalls, Pololu Valley and beautiful white sand beaches south of Kawaihae
- Helicopter tour in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot and your group
- Fully narrated land tour
- Ground transportation to and from Hilo airport
- Coffee and macnut tasting
- Use of walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear and daypacks
- Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages, chips and a sweet treat
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for guests
weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at check-in. A
window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge. If you did not
select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between these amounts at
check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) an
Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra
Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you will still
be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Transportation: Free round-trip transportation is available on a limited basis for guests in the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may apply.