Kailani Tours Hawaii - Deluxe Circle Island Experience
This is a deluxe circle island tour that takes you from the Kona Coast to the Big Island's best attractions and sights. Drive through the Kona coffee country, visit the famous Punalu'u Black Sand Beach and explore the beauty of Hilo, Akaka Falls and Waipio Valley.
All along the way, you’ll travel in comfort in a Mercedes Sprinter van. The first stop is Kona Joe's coffee farm, where you can take a quick behind-the-scenes look at how this world-famous coffee is grown. Sample bold yet smooth Kona Joe's coffee overlooking picturesque Kealakekua Bay. Leaving coffee country, enjoy the beautiful shoreline views of the Ka'u district. There will be a stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States – Punalu'u Bakery – where you can try the freshest Portuguese donuts (malasadas) or enjoy some of their rainbow bread.
Next up is Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, home to many nesting Hawaiian green sea turtles. From here, the tour continues to the Volcano House Restaurant for lunch. Choose from four delicious entrées, sides, a non-alcoholic beverage and dessert! After lunch, we'll explore downtown Hilo, Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls, followed by the most stunningly beautiful view of them all – Waipio Valley. We'll then follow the sun back to your hotel in time for sunset.
- Kona Joe Coffee
- Punalu'u Bakery
- Punalu'u Black Sand Beach
- Big Island Candies
- Rainbow Falls
- Akaka Falls
- Waipio Valley
- Breakfast at Kona Joe's (scones & fruit - may be subject to change)
- Lunch at Volcano House Restaurant
- Bottled water
- Umbrellas in the event of rain
- Hot towels
- Hot beverage
- Hawaiian Fish & Chips - Coconut & macadamia nut crusted fish served with French fries and house-made remoulade dipping sauce
- Asian BBQ Prawns - Farm-raised tiger prawns basted with Asian BBQ sauce. Served with steamed rice, baby bok choy and hot and sour broth
- Fried Chicken Sandwich - Crisp Asian slaw, dill pickles, Thai chili mayo, Punalu'u Bakery bun served with French fries
- Taste of Hawaii plate options:
- Taste of Hawaii options are served with a sampling of local fares including Hawaiian taro potato poi, fresh house-made poke (marinated tuna), house-made potato and macaroni salad, Johnson Farms organic salad with Big Island goat cheese and house-made liliko'i dressing, steamed rice, and a dessert of haupia (Hawaiian coconut pudding)
- ENTREE CHOICES:
- Mahi-Mahi - Mahi-Mahi crusted in a macadamia nut breading and fried. Served with:
- Tofu Vegetable Stirfry - Big Island organic tofu paired with organic vegetables fresh from Johnson Farms in Puna district
- Kalua Pork - Traditional Hawaiian kalua pork coated in sea salt, wrapped in ti leaves and roasted slowly overnight
- Teriyaki Chicken - Grilled chicken tossed in house-made teriyaki sauce
- Hot Dog - Hebrew National all-beef frank on a Punalu'u Bake Shop roll, served with a side of French fries
- Pasta - served with Waimea tomato marinara sauce with cheese or butter and cheese
- Pizza - Waimea marinara sauce and a four-cheese blend - Pepperoni optional
***If your child would like an adult lunch, please choose the adult pricing for them.