Hawaii Forest & Trail - Discover Volcano Country
This tour will also pick up at the pier for NCL cruise guests and guarantees on time return for NCL cruise guests.
This tour is a perfect blend of nature and culture, led by an expert interpretive guide. Discover what it's like to live on two active volcanoes! Travel through the Big Island's remote and rugged landscape of Ka'u, the island's largest land district and home to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, black sand beaches and a private lava tube. Discover how the people and landscape of this region where shaped by the powerful forces of nature.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and view "must see" spots including the dramatically changed Halemaumau Crater - spend time here experiencing open features
- Drive off-road to a private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on and accenting the cave walls - the lava tube is only accessible to Hawaii Forest & Trail guests
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach and search for basking sea turtles
- Immerse yourself in stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a focus on Pele, Hawaii goddess of fire, lightning, wind and volcanoes
- Entry fees to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Deli lunch and beverages
- Friendly and knowledgeable interpretive tour guide
- Industry-leading equipment and fleet
- Use of daypacks and raingear
Lunch Menu: Choice of Turkey, Ham, Tuna OR Garden Fresh Veggie Sandwich, Sweet Potato Chips and Dessert.