Kauai ATV - Makauwahi Cave Tour
Ride in comfort and style with Kauai ATVs brand new fleet of Polaris UTVs. This exciting off-road adventure takes you to Kauai’s internationally recognized limestone cave, which attracts archaeologists from around the world. Learn what scientists have discovered about the cave’s ancient ecosystem from fossils and artifacts found inside. Stroll through a Tortoise Ranch and Thousand Year Forest. Along the way, enjoy spectacular panoramic views, home to famous movie sites and sugar plantation history.
Support Makauwahi Cave Reserve’s native restoration effort by participating in a planting excursion along Kauai’s beautiful coastline. A portion of the proceeds from this tour helps fund the Makauwahi Cave Reserve.
- Fun ATV tour takes you to an ancient limestone cave and along plantation trails over Kauai’s southernmost point
- Learn about the cave’s ecosystem
- Visit Tortoise Ranch at the reserve and learn about animal species and endemic plants
- Hear the tales of Kamehameha from atop an inactive volcanic crater
- Freshwater fishing – the calming effects of catch and release bass fishing at the Waita Reservoir concludes this historic tour
Makauwahi Cave Reserve Forest Restoration
- Locally made snacks and beverages
- Shirts, shorts, goggles and helmets
- Pre-ride safety instructions and a safety course orientation
- Free photos of your tour
***The MCR Forest Restoration price is in addition to your tour price or can be purchased alone if you only want to do a planting and not participate in a tour.***
Assist in being a responsible steward of the ‘Nina (land), with Kauai ATV & Makauwahi Cave Reserve by participating in a planting excursion for the reforestation of Kauai! Makauwahi Cave Reserve is a non-profit organization dedicated to the study and conservation of the ancient ecosystem on Kauai. Adopt a tree or shrub to continue this cultural legacy and take part in a planting activity during your tour! Proceeds are donated to Makauwahi Cave Reserve to further their mission of conservation and planting of native Hawaiian and Polynesian plants and providing habitats for endangered plants, birds, and invertebrates. An identification sign with the name of the person/family is made and placed at the reforestation site. A certificate is given to the party/guest to bring home.
If you’re not taking a tour but still want to participate in this special opportunity, you can! Call to see about setting up a time to do just a planting. If you’re unable to work out a timing to do a planting you can still contribute to the effort by purchasing a planting and Kauai ATV will do the planting for you!