Hawaii Forest & Trail - Honolulu Heights
See Honolulu from a bird's-eye view on the Honolulu Heights tour with a combination of hiking the summit Pu'u Leahi, known as Diamond Head, and viewing the vistas from lookouts up the mountain side.
Along the tour discover with your interpretive guide how Honolulu's volcanic past influences life on Oahu still. After hiking Diamond Head before the heat of the day, enjoy a breakfast at the crater to recharge before heading off to see the vista at Mt. Tantalus.
Enjoy a scenic drive through Makiki Heights to the back of Manoa Valley and Lyon Arboretum. Here you can stroll through the Lyon Arboretum at the University of Hawaii. See native plants, Polynesian canoe plants and more as your guide shares stories about the history of the islands.
- Hike to summit of Diamond Head with a trained interpretive guide (1.6 mile hike)
- Enjoy a picnic breakfast on the crater floor to recharge
- See the iconic vista at Mt. Tantalus overlook featuring panoramic views of from Diamond Head in the east to Pearl Harbor in the west
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Makiki Heights to the back of Manoa Valley & Lyon Arboretum
- Stroll through University of Hawaii's Lyon Arboretum
- Picnic breakfast - breakfast burrito choice, banana-poi bread, island fruit smoothie, fresh-cut pineapple, coffee
- 32 oz water for the hike
- Interpretive guide
- All entry fees
- Hiking gear - daypacks, walking staffs, bug spray, rain jackets, umbrellas