Old Lahaina Luau
Visit a top Maui luau and one of the best in all of Hawaii. At nearly 100 percent capacity year round, Maui’s Old Lahaina Luau is hugely popular and for a reason. The Old Lahaina Luau staff take great pride in presenting a truly authentic Hawaiian luau - an evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and island crafts. Celebrate Hawaii’s rich island culture in a rustic setting reminiscent of an old Hawaiian fishing village.
Upon arrival, you’ll be warmly welcomed with a Hawaiian lei. Pre-dinner activities include arts & crafts demonstrations as well as the traditional imu ceremony, in which the kalua pua'a (roast pig) is taken out of the underground oven. Following these cultural presentations is the delicious luau buffet dinner, which features a wide variety of delicacies (see menu below). After dinner, sit back, relax and watch a spectacular Polynesian show featuring music and dances from the Hawaiian Islands and greater Polynesia.
This is a very popular luau and tickets often sell out weeks in advance. Also, all seats are reserved and prioritized by the date a reservation is confirmed. Guests may choose from traditional Hawaiian mat seating or regular conventional tables and chairs. Please confirm your seating style at the time of reservation, as it is difficult to change after all guests have arrived.
- One of the best luaus in Hawaii – presenting a traditional Hawaiian cultural experience
- Fresh flower lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and well-produced and choreographed entertainment
- Includes a premium open bar (tropical & special cocktails, beer, wine, sodas, juices, ice tea, lemonade and more)
- Pua'a Kalua – Pork roasted in the beachside imu, the Hawaiian underground oven
- Laulau – Succulent bundles of pork wrapped in taro leaf and cooked until tender
- I'a – Maui-style fish
- Pipi Ko'ala – Grilled beef steak
- Chicken Long Rice – Shredded chicken, Maui onions, ginger and rice bean noodles in broth
- Moa – Island-sytle chicken marinated with guava sauce garnished with fresh pineapples and toasted sesame seeds
- Stir Fry Vegetables – Zucchini, Maui onions, carrots, broccoli and sugar snap peas
- Local-Style Fried Rice – Fried rice with green onions, peas and sesame oil
- Uala – Sliced Big Island sweet potatoes
- Island Crab Salad – Crab, shrimp and water chestnuts
- Lu'au Kalo – Taro and lu’au leaf combined with creamy coconut milk
- Pohole Salad – Fern shoots, Maui onions and tomatoes served in a vinaigrette sauce
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Local tomatoes, Maui onions and salted salmon
- Poke Ahi – Fresh raw ahi (yellowfin tuna) with green onions and Maui onions
- Poke He'e – Marinated cooked octopus/tako
- Poi – Made from boiling and mashing the root of the taro plant
- Fresh Island Fruit & Banana Bread
- Fresh Seasonal Fruits
- Assorted Island Desserts – Passion fruit cake, Upcountry lavender lemon shortbread cookies, Hawaiian chocolate chili pepper brownie and haupia (coconut pudding)
- Where and When:
- Oceanfront at 1251 Front Street, Lahaina, Maui. View Map
April 1 – September 30:
Check-in is at 5:45 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 5:45 pm.
Dinner starts at 6:30 pm.
Entertainment is from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm.
October 1 – March 31:
Check-in is at 5:15 pm.
Luau grounds open for seating at 5:15 pm.
Dinner starts at 6:00 pm.
Entertainment is from 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Premium open bar included throughout the evening!
Infant pricing (children 2 and under) are considered "lap children" and will not have their own seat or plate. They must sit in the lap of an adult.
Please let us know if anyone in your party has special needs such as wheelchair, etc.
- Operation Days:
- Open daily
- 3 hours
- Old Lahaina Luau