Come aboard and experience the excitement of deep sea charter fishing in the pristine, cobalt-blue waters of Hawaii's Big Island. This Big Island sportfishing adventure is suitable for anglers of all skill levels – from novice to expert.
Unlike many popular big game fishing destinations around the world where you may have up to a 1-hour boat ride before getting to the fishing grounds, Hawaii's beautiful Kona Coast offers the potential to hook into monster fish within minutes of leaving Honokohau Harbor.
The steep drop-offs and deep marine canyons are the hunting grounds for the predator fish that big game fishermen prize: blue marlin, striped marlin, spearfish, swordfish, yellowfin tuna, big eye tuna, mahi mahi and wahoo. Record-sized fish have been caught just minutes from Honokohau Harbor. So come enjoy Hawaii's most productive deep sea fishing area!
Half day, three-quarter day, full day and overnight sportfishing charters are available. Located just a short drive north of Kailua-Kona, the Intrepid is the area's finest and cleanest charter fishing boat.
Keep your catch – we'll gladly fillet and package your fish. We'll be happy to prepare your fish for shipment (under 25 pounds).
Intrepid Vessel Facts:
- 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher
- Comfortable, clean and well-maintained
- Air-conditioned salon
- Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with matching custom rods
- Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
- Custom tournament fighting chair
- Available for all major fishing tournaments
- One of only three Kona charter boats awarded with the U.S. Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification
- Deep cockpit is safe for small children
- Taxidermy services available
- Snorkel gear
- Take home a digital color photo of your catch