Princeville Ranch - Waterfall Picnic Horseback Ride
This waterfall picnic horseback adventure combines a leisurely horseback ride with spending some time at a gorgeous 80-foot waterfall. Prior to heading out, you’ll take part in a brief horsemanship orientation. Unlike other horseback tours, this tour isn’t the usual nose-to-tail experience. You’ll be riding across the open pastures. Along the way, you’ll enjoy scenic views of the mountains and valleys with a striking blue ocean in the distance. Your tour guide will share ranch and paniolo (cowboy) history with you.
Once you arrive at the trail head you'll hike about a 1/2 mile down the path with rough-hewn stairs and rope railings. As you wind your way through a lush rainforest, you’ll arrive at a private waterfall. If you wish, you can enjoy a refreshing dip in the fern-lined pool. Then relax and enjoy a delicious picnic before the 15-minute hike out. This hike includes a waterfall crossing and a scramble up a 10-foot rock wall, where you’ll be secured by a safety belt and assisted by your guide. Enjoy fascinating views of the waterfall tiers – from the top down! Your adventure ends with a leisurely 30-minute ride back across open pastures, enjoying the spectacular scenery.
- Enjoy a guided horseback ride on Kauai’s scenic north shore
- Walking only tour is great for novice riders
- Ride across open pastures and to special spots with beautiful scenery
- Relax or swim in a waterfall pond
- Scramble up a 10-foot rock wall
- Hike through lush forest
- Approximately 1 mile hike all together
- Delicious picnic lunch included – make-your-own deli sandwich on pita bread (with veggie option), potato chips and a cookie