Outfitters Kauai - South Shore Sea Kayak Tour
Available mid-September thru mid-May on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Join Outfitters Kauai as they take you along Kauai's scenic south shore from Poipu to Port Allen. This south shore sea kayak tour is 8 miles long. This segment of the coastline holds some of Kauai's most secluded bays and beaches, and we'll make surf landings on three different seldom-seen beaches.
The tour begins as we launch from Kukui'ula Small Boat Harbor. First, we pass the famous Spouting Horn, a remarkable salt-water blowhole. After about 45 minutes, we'll surf our kayaks up on the beach at Lawa'i Kai, the exquisitely beautiful site of Queen Emma's Summer Home.
We continue kayaking downwind, past the white sand beaches, barrier reefs and volcanic craters of Palama's Point. After 7 miles, we're ready for lunch. For that, we land at a special place to relax, eat and play. The big protected bay known as Wahi'awa is where you can comb the ¼ mile crescent-shaped sandy paradise and play in the water. Around mid-afternoon after another brief paddle, our driver will arrive to whisk us away on our return to the Poipu resort area.
- Guided kayak tour along Kauai’s south shore
- Paddle from Poipu to Port Allen
- Spectacular views of remote beaches
- Chance to see a variety of marine life, including turtles, dolphins and humpback whales
Tour inclusions delicious lunch:
- Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey, Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black Olives in a Tortilla OR
- Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a Tortilla
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.