Holokai Adventures - Guided Kayak and Snorkel Educational Adventure
Located right on beautiful Kaneohe Bay on Oahu's east shore, Holokai Adventures is dedicated to providing fun, safe, educational and eco-friendly experiences of Kaneohe Bay, with all proceeds benefitting Kama'aina Kids and He'eia State Park.
Kaneohe Bay is one of the most beautiful locations on the island, home to Oahu's only barrier reef as well as numerous sandbars and small offshore islands. Enjoy a guided kayak tour to a beautiful patch reef, known as "Horseshoe Reef," where you can stand and swim around in a shallow sandy area. The reef ledge drops off to deeper water with beautiful, healthy coral reefs and resident marine life, including sea turtles and plenty of fish.
The reef is in the vicinity of Coconut Island (visible in the distance), where the television show Gilligan's Island was filmed. Your guide will also point out cultural sites, such as the traditional Hawaiian fishpond at He'eia, and will also explain some of the challenges facing the ecosystem of the bay.
The protected waters of Kaneohe Bay make it a perfect place for kayakers of all skill levels. It's the perfect tour for families with children and guests of all ages and experience levels!
- Educational briefing of Kaneohe Bay, surrounding area and local marine life
- Safety Briefing and paddling instruction on land
- Kayak tow with escort boat halfway to snorkeling site
- safety and ecology briefing at snorkel site
- Roughly 45-minute snorkel with green sea turtles, fish, live coral and sea cucumbers
- Downwind paddle back to He'eia State Park (safety boat can tow those who wish to sit back and enjoy the beautiful views rather than paddle)
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki
- Kayak, safety and snorkel gear
- Escort safety boat with a professionally certified ocean kayak guide
- Freshwater showers and changing rooms
- Snacks and drinks
- Hawaiian BBQ lunch (vegetarian options available)