Paradise Helicopters - Big Island Expedition
Departing from the Kona airport, this Big Island helicopter expedition includes a landing on the other side of the island in Hilo. See the Big Island’s most stunning scenery and delve into the island’s rich history and culture. Fly over the Kona coffee district and the slopes of Hualalai and Mauna Loa on your way to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to hunt for red, hot lava at Kilauea, the world’s most active volcano.
The tour then continues north along the island’s rugged coastline with its jagged cliffs and lava fields that give way to hundreds of waterfalls and lush vegetation. You’ll touch down in the Hilo area, from where you’ll take the complimentary ground transportation to the downtown area for a self-guided tour to the farmers market, Pacific Tsunami Museum, Lyman Museum, quirky shops and other points of interest.
At the end of your excursion your helicopter waits to take you on the second half of your Big Island air tour. Fly over the lush rainforests, the beautiful Kohala valleys and iconic beaches, including Hapuna Beach and Kua Bay.
- 10-hour helicopter adventure, including landing and land exploration
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- See the current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Amazing white and black sand beaches
- Hundreds of waterfalls
- 2-000 foot valley walls
- Breathtaking coastlines
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for guests weighing between 265 lbs and 315 lbs (120-142 kg) at check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge. If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between these amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 315 lbs (142 kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 315 lbs (142 kg) at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Transportation: Free round-trip transportation is available on a limited basis for guests in the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may apply. PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.