Paradise Helicopters - Kohala Coast Waterfalls & Remote Hike
This Big Island helicopter tour includes a 1 hour aerial tour and about 1 hour of time on the ground at a beautiful landing site. Departing from the Kona Airport, you'll fly with Paradise Helicopters north to the Kohala valleys. Soar above the breathtaking 2,500-foot waterfalls and cliff faces. En route, you'll see the dramatic lava fields from the 1801 Hualalai eruption and the 1859 Mauna Loa eruption. You'll also get to see the pristing white or black sand beaches, including Mahai'ula, Kiholo, Anaeho'omalu and Hapuna.
We'll then touch down at a remote location deep in the Kohala Mountains to enjoy a moderate 0.5 mile guided hike through a guava forest. The trail immerses you in the flora and fauna of Kohala and leads to a lookout point offering dramatic coastline views. All the while you will learn about the culture and diverse natural habitat of this serene location that most people never get to see.
After the hike, your helicopter tour continues to view the world-famous white and black sand beaches and resorts of the Kohala Coast en route to back to Kona.
- 2,500-foot waterfalls and sheer cliff faces
- Frozen lava flows around Kona and Kohala
- Black and white sand beaches
- Waterfalls and rugged coastlines
- Lush landscapes of Kohala
- Birthplace of King Kamehameha the Great
- Guava forest
- Landing and hike to a beautiful lookout point
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.