Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii Experience
During the Hawaii Experience, a popular Big Island Helicopter tour departing from the Kona Airport, you will experience the best of the Big Island on the way to the current lava activity at Kilauea. Once at Kilauea Volcano, we will take you to the current lava activity for the best possible viewing. The flight then continues to the north end of the island with its lush tropical rainforests, emerald green valleys and abundant waterfalls. Then leave the lush green behind as your flight takes you along the Kona Coast, where the resorts provide an incredible contrast to the stark lava fields and beautiful turquoise blue waters.
- Unique overflights of historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for guests
weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at check-in. A
window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge. If you did not
select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between these amounts at
check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) an
Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra
Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you will still
be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Transportation: Free round-trip transportation is available on a limited basis for guests in the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick-up location. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait, you'll need to make other arrangements.