Paradise Helicopters - Lava & Rainforest Adventure
Departing from Hilo Airport, you will fly over miles of tropical rainforest on your way to the latest activity of Kilauea Volcano. View the volcanic rebirth of the island as you witness first hand the awesome volcanic power.
On the return flight, you will cross the slopes of Mauna Loa to the Wailuku River, where numerous waterfalls cascade into beautiful emerald ponds.
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. If a Bell 407 is being flown, seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs (120-142 kg) at check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge. If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between these amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 315 lbs (142 kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 315 lbs (142 kg) at check-in you will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
Note for parties of 5 or 6 people: The BELL 407 helicopter (holds up to 6 passengers) is only available on Tuesdays. If you are a party of 5 or 6 people and would like to fly on the BELL 407, please give us a call prior to making a reservation so we can check if the helicopter is available for your tour date.