Hawaii Adventures Now - Awesome Triple Crater Hiking Tour
Join Hawaii Adventures Now on a one-of-a-kind hiking experience in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! Guests will be whisked across the island in a luxury Mercedes Benz Van (or comparable vehicle) to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to see and hike Mauna Ulu, and on a clear day see Kilauea Iki and Kilauea Halema'uma'u! Along the way to Hawaii Volcanoes Park, you'll stop at a coffee farm with a chance to taste honey, macadamia nuts, cookies an chocolate and a stop at a famous black sand beach to look for turtles.
The hiking is moderate and is suggested for hikers to be at a medium level at least. Depending on the group it's a 4-5 hour guided hike through rainforest, lava channels and tubes, and across the steaming vents of the volcano. The Mauna Ulu hike requires a specially certified guide that will take you up to the summit where you can crawl to the edge of the crater and peer down into the steaming depths.
Then move on to the forest area of the crater where the group hikes along the rim of the steaming crater and past sulfur vents. Lava viewing is not guaranteed due to safety regulations and weather permitting. On the return journey enjoy a sit-down dinner at a local spot before heading up the Mauna Kea State Park area at the 2000 meter elevation for stargazing!
- Hike along craters, lava fields, and amoung steam vents
- Peer down to the steaming depths at the edge of the crater mouth at Mauna Ulu Crater
- Hike over varied terrain with spectacular views, natural Hawaii forest and possibly lava
- Stop at a Coffee Farm and taste honey, chocolate, and cookies
- Stop at Mauna Kea for stargazing if there's time on the way home.
Meal orders will be confirmed by Hawaii Adventures Now after tour is confirmed. Special dietary requests are accepted. If booking far in advance, guests will be contacted closer to tour date to confirm meal choices.
- Pick-up at major west Hawaii hotels from Kona to Waikoloa
- Experienced Volcanoes National Park Certified Guide
- Volcanoes National Park entry fees included in tour price
- Lunch that is a local famous offering (usually on the way to the park)
- Sit-down dinner at a popular area restaurant with an extensive menu
- Light jackets, umbrellas and flashlights available