Polynesian Adventure Tours - Big Island Grand Circle Island & Volcano Tour (H1)
Departing from the Kona side of the Big Island, this tour takes you to see the island's top attractions, including a visit to Royal Kona Coffee's headquarters, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, Rainbow Falls and so much more!
Sample rich and aromatic Kona coffee, visit a stunningly beautiful black sand beach, then see the volcanic craters, steam vents and lava fields the Big Island is known for. Lunch is at the historic Volcano House Hotel (on own), where you can enjoy not just a tasty meal, but also the magnificent caldera views of the national park.
After lunch, it’s on to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Visitor Center, followed by a stop at Rainbow Falls, where rainbows frequently shine through the mist of the cascading falls.
- Royal Kona Coffee Mill & Museum*
- Mauna Loa Volcano (seen in the distance)
- Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park* (known as the “Place of Refuge”)
- Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach*
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* (lunch on own) – views of Halema’uma’u Crater
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from steam vents; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – groundwater seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center*
- Hilo Town, King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Rainbow Falls*
- Return to Kona via famous Saddle Road (with views of many volcanoes)
*Denotes tour stops. Viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.