Hawaii Forest & Trail - Mauna Kea Voyage (Private Tour)
This tour will also pick up at the pier for NCL cruise guests and guarantees on time return for NCL cruise guests.
This is a tour unlike any other on Hawaii's Big Island. Embark on an unforgettable journey to the summit of Mauna Kea, the world's tallest mountain when measured from the ocean floor, and learn about the fascinating connection between ancient Hawaiian navigational techniques and modern astronomy. In ancient Hawaii, Mauna Kea was a sacred mountain. It was the home of Hawaiian deities. Today, Mauna Kea also hosts the greatest astronomical complex on earth.
- Pre-opening tour and private planetarium star show at the world-famous Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo
- Koa Forest Walk in a State Preserve
- Experience multiple climate zones as you travel through tropical rainforests to a barren, moon-like terrain
- Explore the astronomical-themed exhibits at the Visitors Center
- Enjoy the expansive views at the summit of Mauna Kea, amidst the world's largest collection of research telescopes
- Explore cutting-edge astronomy installations at the summit, including the Keck Observatory and the University of Hilo 2.2 Meter Telescope
- Park entry fees
- Deli lunch* and beverages
- Use of day packs, warm wear and rain gear
*Lunch Menu: Turkey, Ham, Tuna or Veggie Sandwich, Maui Potato Chips, Cookie