Kailani Tours Hawaii - Volcano Explorer
This 8-hour volcano explorer tour is designed for travelers short on time. Departing from a designated meeting point in central Kailua-Kona, this tour takes you to the spectacular Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with minimal stops along the way. With meals, park fees and transportation included, you’re free to soak up the spectacular views of Kilauea Volcano.
The first stop is the Punalu'u Bake Shop, the southernmost bakery in the U.S.! Delight in fresh Hawaiian sweatbreads and Portuguese-inspired malasadas. This bakery is loved by locals and travelers alike and is the perfect place to pick up a tasty treat (own expense).
Next up is Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The visitors center hosts interesting and interactive displays. You can also take a short hike through the Thurston Lava Tube and admire the scenery from the Kilauea Caldera lookouts.
The last stop is at Rainbow Falls, situated within a lush rainforest. The waterfall plunges over a natural lava cave into the Wailuku River below. On a sunny day, rainbows reflect off the mist of the falls, and it is perfectly magical.
- Save time and head straight to the Kilauea Volcano, located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Explore lava tubes and hike along ancient lava trails within the national park
- Visit Rainbow Falls in Hilo and pick up a tasty treat at the Punalu'u Bake Shop in Na'alehu
- Stop for a filling lunch on the go to maximize your time in the park
- Grab-and-Go express lunch: Freshly baked brioche bun, sun-dried tomato aioli, turkey, lettuce and tomato, served with chips & mac nut or pecan tart (vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are available as well)
- Park admission fees
- Hot and cold towel service
- Umbrellas and rain jackets for inclement weather
- Binoculars to use at your leisure
- Certified guide provides narration throughout the day