Holo Holo Charters - Na Waiwai Hawaiian Values Tour
Look no further for an authentic Hawaiian activity with a cultural experience that's takes you off the beaten path with Holo Holo Charters and the National Tropical Botanical Gardens.
After checking in at Holo Holo Charters, be transported to a private entrance in Kalaheo to the national Tropical Botanical Gardens. Here guests have a unique look at one of the largest collections of native Hawaiian flora available. Travel down from the mountain along a winding back road into an emerald-green valley with approximately 15,000 living native Hawaiian plants.
Once the vehicle stops, there's a short hike to the bottom of a spectacular waterfall, where you can enjoy the fresh air and a private hula show performed by award-winning Halau Ka Lei Mokihana o Leina'ala. You will also learn more about the ahupua'a, a native Hawaiian sustainable system that protected resources from the mountains to the oceans required for life, food and housing, and the important role of taro in the past and present. Along a walk through the canoe garden, you'll also learn about hokule'a, star compass that was used to navigate the seas and what plants early Polynesian voyagers brought with them.
Afterwards everyone heads back to Port Allen to head out to sea on a Hawaiian-style sunset dinner sail along Kauai's south shore. Enjoy traditional Hawaiian music, fresh air and a delicious local-style-buffet!
- Learn about the Native Hawaiian sustainable system called ahupua'a.
- Visit and see parts of the National Tropical Botanical Gardens - 15,000+ living native Hawaiian plants can be found here
- Visit a waterfall and enjoy a private hula show by award-winning performers
- Learn about the hokule'a, star compass that voyagers used
- Enjoy a sunset dinner sail along the south shore of Kauai
- Canoe plant snack tasting
- Hawaiian-style bento buffet
- Teriyaki Chicken, Oriental Noodle Salad, Steamed Furikake White Rice, Poi, Edamame with Hawaiian Sea Salt, Pineapple Slices, Coconut Haupia
- Water, Island Juices, Soft Drinks, Koloa Rum Mai Tai, Beer, Wine (alcoholic drinks may be limited per person)