Maui Downhill - Haleakala Summit Day Tour
Maui Downhill has closed their doors.
This Haleakala Summit Mid-Day Tour combines two fun activities. Enjoy a guided tour of Haleakala National Park and an amazing Maui downhill bike adventure.
Your adventure begins with a drive up to the 10,023-foot summit of Haleakala. See rare plant and wildlife, some of which is only seen on the slopes of Haleakala. See Sliversword plants and a nesting area for Hawaii's state bird, the Nene Goose while learning about the local history and culture.
The bike portion of this tour begins at the top of Haleakala Ranch (at the 6,500-foot level). From here you will bike down the 21 switchbacks on the western slopes of the world’s largest dormant volcano.
Enjoy bi-coastal panoramas of Maui’s central valley and the West Maui Mountains. There will be several stops along the way, so be sure to bring your camera.
There will also be a stop at a local spot for a no host lunch.
- Visit the summit of Haleakala, seeing Silversword plants and a nesting area for Hawaii's state bird
- Learn about Haleakala's history and importance in Hawaiian culture
- Bike down 21 switchbacks on the western slopes of Haleakala
- Panoramic bi-coastal, central valley, and West Maui mountain views.
- Enjoy a no-host lunch at a local spot.
- Roundtrip transportation from major hotels available.
- Entrance to Haleakala park.
- All bike gear, helmets needed