Hike Maui - Haleakala Crater Hiking Experience
We are open and greatly appreciate
your business! Your support is needed to ensure the livelihood of our
staff and keep Maui's economy alive. Mahalo for choosing to tour with
us. Your continued support is making a difference.
This moderate four-mile hike is a good Crater sampler - hike through three very different environments. Experience Haleakala's vastness, grandeur and majesty. The crater's energy is intense and ethereal, and it's absolutely silent. Enjoy views that stretch for more than a hundred miles in all directions. Hike two miles at 8,000-foot elevation on a lava rock trail lined with rare endemic plant species. Then hike 2 more miles at the 10,000-foot summit where huge cinder cones dominate the expansive, desert-like scenery.
- Hike into both sides of Haleakala
- Enjoy the crater’s different environments
- 2-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit features views of huge cinder cones and a desert-like scenery
- 2-mile hike at 8,000-foot elevation along a lava trail features views of rare native plant species
- On a clear day it seems you can see forever
- Nutritious lunch, snacks and water
- Knowledgeable tour guide who will share interesting facts
- Backpack, rain gear, bug repellent
Sandwich Choices: Veggie, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Ham or Turkey