Roberts Hawaii - Oahu Sugar Tour
On this tour, you’ll gain interesting historic insights into Hawaii’s sugar industry and much more! Learn how one plant – sugarcane – shaped Hawaii’s history from the arrival of the early Polynesians to contemporary island society. You’ll visit local communities near Pearl Harbor that have deep roots in Hawaii’s thriving sugarcane industry.
- Leonard’s MALASADAMOBILE – Hawaii’s original malasada bakery: they started making malasadas, a Portuguese doughnut without a hole in 1953
- Hawaii’s Plantation Village – experience what a typical plantation camp might have looked like and hear the story of Hawaii’s multi-ethnic plantation history and the hardships and achievements of early plantation workers (1 hour guided tour)
- Kō Hana Rum – guided tour at a locally grown distillery of farm-to-bottle Kō Hana Agricole Rum. Kō Hana Rum specializes in growing and crafting single varietals of native Hawaiian sugarcane into one of the world’s finest pure cane rums. Savor a glass of fresh pressed cane juice, learn how Kō Hana distills its signature rum from native Hawaiian sugarcane and wander through a garden of native Hawaiian sugarcanes (1 hour guided tour and rum tasting).
- Malasadas will be served with a cold bottle of water at Hawaii's Plantation Village
- One souvenir shot glass for all adults attending the rum tasting