Oahu Nature Tours - Ultimate Circle Island Adventure with Waimea Waterfall
This ultimate Oahu circle island tour takes you around the entire island and includes stops at the beautiful Byodo-In Temple, the botanical garden at Waimea Valley, the Dole Plantation and many more! From Waikiki, you'll be heading east towards Diamond Head.
The first stop is at Amelia Earhart Point on the ocean-facing outer slopes of Diamond Head Crater, Hawaii's icon and most recognizable landmark, where you can marvel at the 100,000-year-old volcanic peak perched above the Pacific. Traveling along Oahu’s spectacular southeast coastline we arrive at the famous Halona Blowhole and the “From Here to Eternity” beach, made famous by the only Oscar-winning movie made in Hawaii.
We continue to visit Sandy Beach, known for its notoriously powerful shorebreaks, pounding waves and bodysurfing opportunities. Driving by Makapu'u Lookout you will see the island's most recent lava flows and enjoy incredible panoramic views of offshore islands, turquoise and azure ocean water and breathtaking lava cliffs above.
We continue to the world-renowned Pali Lookout that Mark Twain called the most beautiful views on the planet. Driving north we arrive at the Valley of the Temples and visit the colorful Byodo-in temple, a photographer's dream. This Hawaii state landmark is home to wild peacocks and a large reflecting pond with koi fish. Continuing on the relaxing windward coast we also visit scenic Chinaman’s Hat, a picturesque islet located in the warm, tropical waters of Kaneohe Bay.
Further up north we’ll reach Kahuku, home of the North Shore famous shrimp farms. Here you can also observe endangered wetland birds, including Black-neck stilts, Hawaiian coots and Moorhens. Stopping at one of the locals’ favorite shrimp trucks, try some delicious locally farmed garlic shrimp, fish or a chicken plate and refreshing drinks. You will be served your choice of nine different sautéed shrimp plates, fresh lemon and steaming rice while your nature guide provides information about Hawaii's aquaculture efforts. (*Chicken Katsu and Vegetarian Chow Mein options are also available!)
Next you can marvel at the world-famous Sunset Beach as we drive by this legendary big-wave surfing location where towering, giant waves arrive between November-April. Then we visit Waimea Valley Arboretum and waterfall. This enchanting and relaxing location showcases over 5,000 species of tropical flowering plants, ancient archaeological sites, and one of the most scenic waterfalls on the island.
Our last stop is the historic Dole Plantation where you will find many varieties of pineapple species from all over the world. Here, you can buy a souvenir to take home and share with your family and friends and always remember your exciting adventure around the Island of Oahu and Waimea waterfall. (*Dole has just announced that, due to Covid, the next couple of Wednesdays they will be closed to disinfect their facilities. So, on Wednesdays only (until they fully re-open), we will replace this tour stop with the quaint north shore town of Haleiwa and its colorful marketplace.)
Throughout your journey of discovery around the island of Oahu your nature guide will provide a fascinating narration about Hawaii's bird and plant species, geology, history and culture.
- Diamond Head – scenic drive by this famous landmark
- Amelia Earhart Monument – she was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
- Halona Blowhole – underwater lava tube shoots water into the air
- From Here to Eternity beach made famous by the only Oscar-winning movie made in Hawaii
- Pali Lookout – Mark Twain called this most beautiful view on the planet
- Byodo-In Temple – gorgeous setting, fronted by large koi pond and backed by the Ko'olau Mountain Range
- Chinaman's Hat – this small island one of the most popular views on Oahu
- Kaneohe Bay – scenic bay with many shallow sandbars
- Sunset Beach – home of big wave surfing contests in winter
- Waimea Valley – walk through lush botanical garden
- Waimea Falls – beautiful waterfall within Waimea Valley
- Dole Pineapple Plantation – see how pineapples grow and shop for souvenirs
- Roundtrip transportation from and to Waikiki
- Admission to Waimea Valley and Byodo-In Temple included (Value of $18)
- Delicious shrimp lunch at Fumi's Shrimp Stand (Value of $15)
- Free 152-page nature book – Pocket Guide to Nature on Oahu – (one book per party – Value of $11.50)
- Knowledgeable tour guide who narrates your entire tour and provides information about Hawaii's bird and plant species, history, geology and culture