North Shore Stables - Malama Hawaii Shoreline Restoration Tour
Take a trip that gives back! Leave a positive impact and make Mother Nature smile by participating in restoring one mile of shoreline on Oahu's North Shore with a medley of native plants that prevent erosion and rebuild lost sand dunes. On this fascinating 45-minute tour, you'll learn about native Hawaiian shoreline plants, their intricate root systems and how they symbiotically work together to make the perfect shoreline.
You'll be able to choose a plant from the greenhouse at North Shore Stables and plant it yourself along the shoreline. The revenue from this tour will be donated to a nonprofit organization called Friends of Akiana Bay, which provides support for coastal shoreline restoration projects utilizing native Hawaiian plants. You will receive a tax-deductible letter for your tour and a one-year free family membership from the Friends of Akiana Bay organization.
- Help restore a one mile stretch of shoreline on Oahu's North Shore
- Leave a positive impact by restoring shorelines and native ecosystems
- Learn about the various native Hawaiian plants and how they rebuild sand dunes naturally and prevent erosion
- Garden or working gloves are provided
- Cold drinking water is provided - please bring a water bottle
Petting Zoo: This tour includes admission to North Shore Stables' Meet the Farm Animals program, which is exciting and fun for kids and adults. Meet our tame and cute animals up close, including sheep, goats, pigs, turtles, tortoises, chickens, mini-horses, puppies and ducks.