Barber’s Point Lighthouse
Barber’s Point Lighthouse in Oahu is a 71-foot high lighthouse which is located on Barber's Point outside of Kalaeloa which is on the southwest tip of the island not far from Honolulu, Hawaii. Barber’s Point Lighthouse is named for Captain Henry Barber whose ship wrecked on a coral off of Kalaeloa, Hawaii on October 31, 1796. Barber’s Point Lighthouse was originally established as a station in 1888. This structure made of concrete went into service in 1933 and was automated in 1964. There is currently no lighthouse keeper quarters Barber’s Point Lighthouse is not open to the public.
Here are directions to the lighthouse: Take the H1 highway West from Honolulu and then follow the signs to Waianae. Next, take Exit #1 which is Campbell Industrial Park, which loops over the freeway. This is now Kalaeloa Boulevard which you should follow to the end. Finally, turn right on Olai Street and continue until the end of the road that ends in the Germaine's Luau
Parking Lot which is one of the most popular Oahu activities on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. The lighthouse is located to the right of Germaine's Luau. This ride will take 30-45 Minutes from Waikiki.