Captain Zodiac - "Beat the Crowd" Hawaii Snorkeling Tour
This is the same great tour as Captain Zodiac’s award-winning 4-hour adventure, but timed to allow you to snorkel with fewer people at Kealakekua Bay. Departing from Honokohau Harbor at 10 am, we arrive at Kealakekua Bay around noon when other morning tours have left. You’ll enjoy a more intimate, uncrowded snorkeling experience. Since this tour is 5 hours long, it also allows for more time exploring the coastline and extra time in the water.
Kealakekua Bay is one of the best snorkel spots in the entire state of Hawaii. The marine preserve is teeming with tons of marine life, and the water is usually crystal clear with excellent visibility. The bay is also full of Hawaiian history. These events will be recounted as your Captain “talks story” after snorkeling.
- Enjoy a 5 hour mid-day Big Island snorkeling tour
- Rafting tour covers 14 miles of scenic shoreline on the Kona Coast
- See lava tubes, sea caves, blowholes and archways along the rugged shoreline
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Kealakekua Bay Marine Preserve
- Chance to see a variety of marine life, including turtles, dolphins and a wide variety of tropical fish
- Snorkel gear (high-quality silicone masks, Rx masks, fins, float boards or vests)
- Detailed snorkeling instruction
- Light deli lunch with fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and an assortment of refreshing soft drinks
Please note: In Captain Zodiac's efforts to minimizing human impact on Hawaii's environment, does not provide plastic bottles of water on the trip. They encourage guests to use reusable water bottles and guests are welcome to bring their own or purchase available ones at check in. There are fill-up stations available at the office and on the boat.