Kohala Zipline - Kohala Zip & Dip
This full-day adventure includes a 9-line zipline tour, a delicious lunch, plus swimming under a tropical waterfall. Your tour begins with a scenic drive from the Big Island’s dry-side resort area to the lush northern tip of the island. Past the quaint plantation town of Hawi, you’ll arrive at the first stop – the Kohala Zipline Station – an amazing jungle zipline course with soaring platforms built into majestic trees and ancient remnants of taro terraces and streams below. The zipline trek includes arching suspension bridges and an exciting rappel from a tree at the end of the course.
After your zipline trek, you’ll travel to the "end of the road" at Pololu Valley, where you’ll be served a delicious deli lunch at a lookout point offering stunning views of Pololu Valley. After lunch you’ll venture deeper into the mountains and arrive at a private trail for a short hike. Walk over an aqueduct bridge and see tunnels carved from solid rock. You’ll learn about ancient Hawaiian history and visit several beautiful waterfalls with the option to swim at one of them.
- Zip across 9 lines, cross 5 suspension bridges and do a rappel from a tree
- Zipline course includes 14 tree-based platforms
- Enjoy two short hikes (150 yards and 500 yards in length) with some short ascents and descents
- Swim at a stream with cascading falls overhead (optional)
- Enjoy scenic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture site
- Two certified canopy guides
- Snack and deli lunch (choice of ham, tuna, turkey or veggie sandwich)
- Assorted soft drinks and juices, souvenir water bottle