Ancient River Kayak - Secret Falls Tour
Hop on a kayak and paddle up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in all of Hawaii! The area is steeped in history and legend, as it was the original home to the first Hawaiians who came from the Marquesas Islands to Kauai almost 1500 years ago. Hear the legends and learn about the island's flora and fauna of Kauai's most sacred area.
After paddling past several heiau (sacred shrines), you'll see the ancient Kamokila Village. Heading up the north fork of the river, you'll reach the trailhead for the hike to enchanting Secret Falls, an 80-foot cascade with a refreshing swimming hole. Sit down for a delicious picnic lunch and beverages and enjoy a cool dip before heading back down the river.
- Kayak tour on the Wailua River (approximately 1.5 miles each way)
- Hike in tropical rainforest to beautiful Secret Falls (approximately 1 mile each way)
- Picnic lunch (see menu below)
- Kayak and paddles, all equipment and accessories
- Dry storage and dry bags on boat for cameras and personal things
- Backpack use
- Personal flotation devices
Lunch Menu: Choose from turkey, ham or vegetarian sandwiches. Gluten free bread or lettuce wrap available as well with advance notice.