Wailua River Cruise to Fern Grotto Tour
A popular combination is Smith's Luau and the Fern Grotto Cruise. Enjoy a fantastic evening by combining your Fern Grotto Boat Tour with a beautiful garden setting luau!
Enjoy a leisurely boat tour up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in all of Hawaii! The river is fed by water pouring down Mt.Wai'ale'ale, one of the wettest spots on Earth. During the two-mile river journey, you'll hear songs and stories of the old Hawaii. You can also participate in a hula lesson.
At the Fern Grotto landing, enjoy a short nature walk through the rainforest to the lush Fern Grotto, one of Kauai's top natural attractions. It is a true natural wonder. The natural cave was formed millions of years ago, and it is now completely covered by ferns and exotic tropical flowers.
Garden Stroll optional add-on: If you are not planning on attending Smith's Luau after your Wailur River boat tour, but still would like to see the amazing garden grounds, you can purchase a Garden Stroll admission ticket. The Tropical Paradise is open daily from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. (If you are attending the luau, you will have time to walk through the garden after you check in for the luau.)
- Enjoy a leisurely boat cruise up the Wailua River
- Spacious, open-air boat provides excellent views from either side during the trip upstream
- Stop at Fern Grotto, one of Kauai's top natural attractions
- Take a short nature walk through the rainforest to the lush Fern Grotto
- Watch or participate in a hula lesson
- Live musical entertainment on board
- Learn about sacred Hawaiian traditions
- Plenty of great photo opportunities along the way