Kailua Beach Adventures - 2 Hour Guided Kayak Excursion
Enjoy a 2 hour kayak excursion on Oahu’s beautiful east shore in Kailua Bay. This guided kayak tour is ideal for beginners. Prior to launching your kayak, your tour guide will offer paddling instructions and assist in launching your kayak. The kayak is a stable sit-on-top type of kayak. The destination on this tour is Popoi'a Island, a small offshore island that is a protected seabird sanctuary. As you near the island, you will likely encounter green sea turtles as they pass through their natural feeding grounds.
Once landed on the sandy beach of Popoi'a, grab your camera and head for a 20-25 minute guided eco-hike around this unique seabird sanctuary. Keep an eye out for rock crabs, rainbow runners and a variety of marine life in and around the island’s tide pools. The group will then head back to Kailua Beach and enjoy lunch. After lunch, you’ll be supplied with boogie boards, snorkeling gear and beach mats for 2 hours of free time.
- Two hour guided kayak tour from Kailua Beach to Popoi'a Island
- Short hike on the island, which is a seabird sanctuary
- Paddle back to Kailua Beach and enjoy two hours of beach activities
- All kayak and safety gear, including life jackets, dry bags and island landing permits
- Use of beach mats, boogie boards, snorkeling gear, and secure lockers for your valuables
- Delicious lunch
- Free beach parking
Lunch Menu: Several options of meat and vegetarian hand-tossed pizzas, calzones, burgers, salads, and Korean BBQ, sandwiches, sodas and juice. Vegetarian, vegan and other dietary restrictions will be accommodated.