Captain Bob's Picnic Sail & Snorkeling
This is a fun snorkel cruise in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu’s east shore. You’ll get picked up at your Waikiki / Honolulu hotel and enjoy humorous stories and interesting facts about Hawaiian history and geography en route to Kaneohe Bay. From here, Captain Bob will take you on a scenic cruise to one of Kaneohe Bay’s sandbars, where the water is barely 12 inches deep, a perfect spot for a fun game of volleyball! While you play or go swimming or snorkeling, the chef will grill a tasty BBQ lunch. After lunch, there will be a second stop at a coral reef for some more snorkeling. You’ll be able to see a variety of tropical fish and green sea turtles.
Kaneohe Bay is one of Oahu’s most scenic locations, framed by the Ko'olau Mountain Range. The bay is actually the massive caldera of an extinct volcano. The last eruption was 350,000 years ago. It caused a third of the island to crumble into the ocean! What remains today is Kaneohe Bay. Standing on the sandbar and looking around, you can see that the volcano that created Kaneohe Bay must have been gigantic.
- Enjoy a boat trip in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu’s east shore
- Boat will anchor on a shallow sandbar for a game of volleyball
- Snorkel over a coral reef and see a variety of colorful tropical fish
- Observe and take pictures of green sea turtles
- See Gilligan’s Island and Chinaman’s Hat Island
- Learn about prehistoric Oahu and the history of Hollywood in the Kaneohe Bay area
About Tour Boats
- Tasty barbecue burger lunch on board*
- Soft drinks and water are provided (beer and wine are available for an extra charge of $5 each)
- All snorkeling equipment provided – snorkel, mask, fins, life jackets and floating noodles
- Freshwater rinse available on board after your snorkeling adventure
- Variety of beverages to suit your personal taste
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki
- Featuring two vessels
- Merahi Mana - a 45 foot double hull catamaran with a 49 passenger coast guard capacity
- Merahi Mana I - a 46 foot double hull catamaran with a 49 passenger coast guard capacity
*We are prepared for our vegetarian friends as well. Veggie (vegan) and gluten free burgers are available with advance notice.