Island Breeze Luau - King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Held under the stars on the historic grounds of King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel, located in the heart of Kailua-Kona, the Island Breeze Luau invites you to experience a traditional Hawaiian luau celebration that includes a delicious buffet dinner and an authentic Polynesian show.
Witness the "Kalua'ana o ka Pua'a", the uncovering of the imu (underground oven) to reveal the roast pig. Island Breeze is also the only Hawaiian luau that features the arrival of the Royal Court aboard an outrigger canoe.
The luau activities are followed by a lavish Hawaiian buffet dinner which features a variety of delicacies, including kalua pork, fresh island fish, grilled beef and island produce, as well as an open bar. After dinner, it’s showtime! Sit back, relax and enjoy "He 'Ohana Kakou," an exciting Polynesian revue featuring music and dances from Hawaii and other Polynesian islands.
Hanohano Seating Upgrade: This upgrade includes expedited check in, preferred seating at the front of the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the door when you arrive, but must be chosen with your order. You will not be able to cancel the Hanohano portion at check-in.
- Takes place on the shores of scenic Kamakahonu Bay in Kailua-Kona
- Luau grounds are on King Kamehameha the Great’s former estate
- Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000
- Opportunity to learn about traditional arts & crafts
- Lavish all-you-can-eat Hawaiian buffet with a wide variety of delicacies, plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Tossed Greens w/Assorted Dressings (papaya seed, thousand island, Italian)
- Three Bean Salad
- Picked Cucumber-Ogo Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Lomo Lomi Salmon
- Pineapple Cubes
- Fresh Island Papaya
- Sweet Potatoes - Coconut Butter
- White Rice
- Kona Coffee BBQ Chicken
- Island Fish - with ginger, soy, and scallions
- Kona Broil - Beef Teriyaki
- Kalua Pig
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Banana- Coconut Cake
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
There may be an optional premium "cash bar" that includes things like premium tropical drinks and imported beers and wine. Rates are subject to change but usually start around $8.00. Premium "Cash Bar" may become unavailable without notice.
Please note: Special request for a vegetarian, gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice. Option is subject to change without notice.