5 Sites to See on Oahu
Known for miles of sandy beaches and amazing sites, the island of Oahu welcomes visitors from around the world to its shores, holding true to its name of “The Gather Isle. As diverse as any Hawaiian Island, Oahu offers travelers plenty to do and see, and has becomes the top destination in Hawaii.
While visitors can easily find thing to do and places to visit, they often miss out on the top sites and the must see places around the island. And while Waikiki Beach is a fantastic place to spend your time on Oahu, there is just so much to experience and so much to see.
Here are our Top 5 Sites to See on Oahu. The places to check out that will make your vacation.
- Oahu’s North Shore – we’re kind of cheating here because the North Shore is so big, but this entire part of the island is a must. 3 of the most famous surf beaches in the world are on the North Shore, and when the surf is up, you’ll be in awe. Aside from surf beaches, there are amazing places to eat, and hidden features that can be found pretty easily. Check out La’ie Point on a Circle Island Tour for incredible photo opportunities.
- Nu’uanu Pali Lookout – found crossing over the Pali Highway on your way to Windward Oahu, the Pali Lookout offers panoramic views of the Windward Coast, and offshore islands. The Pacific Ocean stretches for as far as the eye can see, and the history of the lookout is astounding. This is the site of one of the most important battles in Hawaiian history, and you will learn all about it during an island sightseeing tour.
- Pearl Harbor – this one really needs no explanation. Pearl Harbor is the site of the tragic attacks of December 7, 1941, and the memorials and monuments found here bring to life the history of the United States entry into World War II.
- Halona Blowhole Lookout – found on the South Shore, just a short drive from Waikiki, find out what happens when an extinct lava tube and the crashing waves meet. Definitely a site to see, and a great example of the little things that make Hawaii such an interesting place.
- Ko’olau Mountain Range – sure, you’ll be able to see the Ko’olau Mountains from anywhere on the island, but you are really going to want to check them out. Hidden waterfalls, hiking trails, and an entire world are hidden away in the lush rainforests of the Ko’olaus, and they really show off the diversity of the island. Explore the mountains on foot during a Nature Tour, or fly above and see the island from a different angle on a helicopter tour.
What are the sites that you are looking forward to seeing during your trip to Oahu? Be sure to share your top sites with friends, and check back for more great sites on all of the Hawaiian Islands.
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.