Big Island to Oahu - Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
From Kona Airport on the Big Island, enjoy a one-day neighbor island trip to Oahu to visit Hawaii's No. 1 historic attraction – Pearl Harbor. Here you get to see it all – this is the most comprehensive tour that includes stops at the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center, Arizona Memorial, USS Bowfin submarine, USS Missouri battleship and the Pacific Aviation Museum.
After your early morning flight from Kona to Honolulu, you'll arrive at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center where you can browse the exhibits from World War II. Watch an interesting documentary featuring footage from the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack. Then board a Navy shuttle boat that will take you to the Arizona Memorial. Pay your tribute to the brave men who perished aboard the USS Arizona, the sunken battleship that rests below your feet.
The tour continues to the USS Bowfin submarine and the Pacific Aviation Museum. Your Pearl Harbor experience culminates on the deck of the USS Missouri battleship, known as the "Mighty Mo," which is the site of the 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allies.
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center – see World War II exhibits and galleries
- Watch a documentary about attack on Pearl Harbor
- Ride on the Navy shuttle boat to the Arizona Memorial (Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- See the "Black Tears" of of the Arizona - oil that continues to bubble to the surface (not available if the shuttle is not running)
- USS Bowfin submarine (Admission & Tour included)
- Pacific Aviation Museum (Admission included, this portion is self-guided)
- USS Missouri, the "Mighty Mo" (Admission & Tour included)
- Look into the massive 16" guns that can hurl 2,900 pound projections over 20 miles with pin point accuracy
- Stand on the battleship's surrender deck
- Narration by an expert state certified tour guide