Wasabi Tours - Waipio Valley and Waterfalls Tour
Visit the lush valley floor of Waipio Valley and see the gorgeous Hamakua Coast along the east side of the Big Island. Enjoy a great Big Island land tour with Wasabi Tours Hawaii who offer smaller more personal tours than bigger tour companies! This Big Island tour offers sights of beautiful valleys and waterfalls and the opportunity to see rare and exotic plants and wildlife on the Big Island.
Begin the Waipio Valley and Hamakua Coast tour driving past Waimea town and Parker Ranch before switching to a four-wheel drive van to descend into Waipio Valley! During this part of the tour you’ll traverse shallow river streams, pass taro fields, see native flora and fauna, see Big Island’s tallest waterfall, Hi'ilawe Falls, and visit the mile long black sand beach! During this the guide will share stories and legends. Then enjoy the stunning views up at Waipio Valley lookout.
Around noon everyone will enjoy local style picnic lunch. Once lunch is complete this Big Island land tour will continue along the scenic Hamakua Coast. The tour will see rocky shorelines, tide pools and dramatic sea cliffs at Laupahoehoe Point. You’ll also see Akaka Falls. In Hilo the tour will visit the famous Rainbow Falls and giant banyan tree and if time permits they’ll stop at a Hilo farmers market to experience the local culture. Return to the Kona/Kohala Coast area via the Saddle Road between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
- Explore the rarely visited and sacred Waipio Valley and see the Big Island's tallest waterfall - Hi'ilawe Falls
- Walk through a rainforest and visit towering Akaka Falls
- See famous Rainbow Falls in Hilo
- Swim under 60-foot tall Kulaniapia private waterfall surrounded by diverse flora
- Visit an ancient lava cave
- Picnic lunch: teriyaki chicken, fish, vegetables and steamed rice with assorted juices, snacks and bottled water