Wasabi Tours - Historic Kona and Farm Tour
During this tour you will get to learn about the fascinating history and the vibrant culture of the Big Island. You will tour ancient Hawaiian sites, visit early churches, and a royal palace. You will get to make a stop at a honey farm and coffee orchard to taste some locally made treats.
The tour will begin at Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, this is where an abundance of sea life likes to spend their time. You will get to learn about the handmade fishponds and seawalls along the beach as well.
Next, you will ride through downtown Kona, passing Hulihee Palace, which is a former royal vacation home, and Mokuaikaua Church. You will next stop at Big Island Bees, there they produce organic honey (since 1972). You will get to enjoy a presentation from a beekeeper and get to sample some sweet island nectar.
At Kealakekua Bay you will get to hear about Captain Cook's arrival and will enjoy a fresh picnic lunch at the lookout. You will get a walking tour at Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. At last, you will get to walk through the coffee orchards and learn about the harvesting and milling process. Enjoy a sample of warm Kona-grown coffee before heading back.
- Historic, cultural, and agricultural sites around Kona
- Sacred site of Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
- Take a guided nature walk through Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical park where you will see seawalls and ancient fishponds
- Get to see up close the Hawaiian monk seals and green sea turtles at Honokohau Beach
- Taste honey and listen to a beekeeper at Big Island Bees
- Sip on coffee during a tour of a coffee plantation
Bento lunch consisting of teriyaki chicken, fish, vegetables, and steamed rice with assorted juices, snacks, and bottled water.
- All park entrance fees
- Rain gear