Hawaii Forest & Trail - Hidden Craters Hike
Venture onto private land behind three locked gates to explore the upper slopes of Kona’s very own volcano – Hualalai. This journey provides up close access to the site of multiple volcanic eruptions from the 1800s, all within a short distance.
Along the tour, we’ll see a 200-year-old lava flow, spatter cones, fissures and collapsed pits. We'll also descend via earthen steps with a rope to assist into a lava tube.
- Exclusive private access onto Hualalai volcano and into a native forest
- 3-4 mile hike through untouched cloud forest with incredible views of the Kona coast
- Stand on the edge of precipitous volcanic craters that plunge deep into the earth below
- Climb through a segment of a lava tube
- Trail bar snack and water refills (please bring your own reusable bottle)
- Walking sticks, day packs and rain jackets provided