Maui to Oahu - Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
From Kahului Airport on Maui, fly over to Oahu for a day to visit Hawaii's No. 1 historic attraction – Pearl Harbor. The Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure is the most comprehensive tour of Pearl Harbor. It takes you to all of these attractions: Pearl Harbor Visitors Center, Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri battleship, USS Bowfin submarine and the Pacific Aviation Museum.
After your early morning flight from Kahului to Honolulu, you'll arrive at Pearl Harbor and first spend some time at the Visitor Center that showcases World War II exhibits and memorabilia. You'll also watch a brief documentary showing footage of the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. After that, board a Navy shuttle boat that takes you to the Arizona Memorial, a platform that is situated right above the sunken battleship.
The tour continues to one of the world's most significant submarines, the USS Bowfin. After that, you'll board a shuttle to Ford Island, an active Navy base, to visit the Pacific Aviation Museum. Here you can see a Japanese Zero Fighter Plane and a seaplane hangar that survived the Pearl Harbor attack.
The tour culminates on the deck of the "Mighty Mo" – the USS Missouri – which served from World War II through Desert Storm. This is the site of the 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allies.
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and exhibit galleries
- Watch a documentary about Pearl Harbor attack (not available during repairs)
- Board the Navy shuttle boat for a ride to the Arizona Memorial (Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- U.S. Pacific Submarine Memorial and USS Bowfin "Pearl Harbor Avenger" (Admission & Tour included)
- Pacific Aviation Museum (Admission included, this portion is self-guided)
- USS Missouri, also known as the "Mighty Mo" (Admission & Tour included)
- Walk in the footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur and stand on the Surrender Deck
- Look into the massive 16" guns that hurl 2,900 pound projections over 20 miles with pin point accuracy
- Narration by an expert state certified tour guide