Ocean Encounters - Manta Ray Night Snorkel
Head out into the waters off Kona to see the sunset over the ocean before diving in to enjoy snorkeling with manta rays in their natural habitat, a magical experience unlike anything else in the world.
As we motor out from Honokohau Harbor in Kona to the dive site just offshore (which is about 20-30 feet deep), the crew will share some fun facts about manta rays.
Once the suns sets the water will be lit up with flashlights turning the ocean into an electric green. The light will attract the plankton, which in turn, attracts the manta rays to the area to feed. You’ll get to see their sweeping somersaults beneath you.
- Snorkel with manta rays after dark
- Great coastline and sunset views from the boat
- Unique photo opportunities of underwater world at night
- Snorkel gear: mask, fins, wet suit (up to size 3X), flotation devices, underwater light
- Dry snacks, hot coffee and hot chocolate