Seasport Divers - Dive Ni'ihau
This is a three tank, full day diving adventure for the experienced and certified diver only. Ni'ihau Island lies 17 miles southwest of Kauai. The northern tip of Ni'ihau and the crater at nearby Lehua Rock are dive sites that are considered to be the ultimate in Hawaiian diving.
This adventure begins at 6 am with the boat trip from Kauai's south shore. The 17-mile crossing takes about 2.5 hours. Breakfast is served as the view of Ni'ihau Island grows closer and closer. The morning's first dive is a deep one, typically Vertical Awareness or Keyhole, a 280-foot wall and lava shelf that’s home to reef fish, octopus, lobsters and monk seals. At a depth of about 100 feet with unlimited visibility, this dive is short but spectacular.
A regularly frequented second dive site is known as Super Highways. Maximum depth for this dive is 60-80 feet and the prominent feature is the towering lava formation resembling a highway super structure. White tip reef sharks, octopus, tiger cowries and enormous yellow margin eels as well as numerous small caves and swim-thrus make this location a virtual playground for divers. While the divers are down on this dive, our captain is busy preparing lunch so the next surface interval is a long one.
With sites to choose from like the Drive-Through Cave or a drift along Lehua Rock, the third dive of the day is never a disappointment. Shallow and relaxed is the theme of this dive with a maximum depth of 40-50 feet. The currents and waves are often on the rise at this time of the day, but under the water is still the place to be.
- 3 tank dive near Hawaii's "Forbidden Isle" – Ni'ihau
- Enjoy incredible wall dives, soaring lava pillars, enormous caves and spectacular visibility
- Diverse marine life – you are likely to see spinner dolphins, butterflyfish, angelfish, spotted eagle rays, monk seals, octopus, lobster, tiger cowries and possibly manta rays and sharks (white tip reef, black tip reef and Galapagos)
- Light breakfast, large lunch, snacks, water and juice
- 3 tanks, computer, weights, wetsuit, mask and fins
- Guided tour led by PADI, SSI or NAUI diving instructor
- Thorough briefing that includes information about the marine life you can expect to see during your dive
Nitrox, BCD and regulator is available for an extra fee.
You must be certified to dive.
Please download and fill out this required medical questionnaire and bring it with you to the dive.