10 Things to Do on the Big Island
There is so much to do and see when visiting Hawaii that sometimes, it is hard to narrow it down to the top things to do. On the Big Island, this is especially true. From the highest point on the island to the lush scenery of the North Shore, the Big Island is filled with great things to do and sites to see. We don't want you to miss out, so here are 10 things to do on the Big Island.
- Journey to the top of Mauna Kea – whether you do this during the day or at night, there is no bad time to visit the summit. Though our favorite is at night.
- Visit the North Shore and see Waipio Valley – the iconic valley is absolutely amazing, and taking in the views of the valley from the lookout is a must.
- Witness a towering waterfall – the Big Island is full of amazing waterfalls, and two of the best are Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls.
- See a Black Sand Beach – one of the most unique things about Hawaii is a black sand beach, created by underwater volcanoes. Truly a remarkable site.
- See a Green Sand Beach – one of only 4 in the world, the green sand beach on the south point of the island requires a hike to get to, but is well worth the trip.
- Mt. Kilauea and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – witness the true power of the Hawaiian Islands and learn all about the creation of Hawaii inside the national park.
- Relax on the beach in Kona – Spend some time on the beach, soaking in the sun, and just relaxing. You have definitely earned it.
- Swim with Manta Rays at night – massive rays swim around you beneath the surface, putting on a show you will not want to miss.
- Visit the Kona Coffee district - the most amazing coffee you will ever taste. Period.
- Create your own adventure – part of being in a new place is discovering it for yourself. Don't be afraid to turn off the navigation and explore. Ask a local where to eat, and discover Hawaii!
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.