Luau Kalamaku - Kilohana Plantation
Please note there are multiple Marriott Resorts on Kauai. For guests staying at the Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club, the luau is closer to the resort than any pick-up location offered!
Held at the historic Kilohana Plantation just outside of Lihue, Luau Kalamaku offers many extras that are not available at other Hawaiian luaus. For one, their luau show features twice as many dancers and entertainers than any other luau on Kauai. It was even named "Best Luau Show" by Lonely Planet. Also, guests have the option to enjoy a train ride through the plantation prior to the luau dinner.
Other pre-dinner activities include island arts & crafts demonstrations and the traditional imu ceremony, in which the kalua roast pig is unearthed from the underground oven. The big luau feast has something for everyone (see menu below). After dinner, enjoy the spectacular Polynesian show that pays tribute to the ancient navigators who sailed across the South Pacific even under hardship, relying only on their "inner fire of determination." This willpower eventually brought them to the Hawaiian Islands. Watch talented performers bring the history and beauty of Hawaii to life with music, dance and drums.
Gold Luau: Luau Kalamaku's exclusive Gold Package includes premium seating, so you can experience our theatrical show so close to the stage that you can feel the heat from our famous fire dancers!
Train ride: This is an additional upgrade. Prior to the luau feast, enjoy a train ride through the 105 acres of the Kalamaku Plantation. You will drive by historic plantation homes, through a low land forest and pineapple, taro and sugarcane fields. This adventure also includes a stop to feed the plantation's herd of wild pigs, goats and sheep, plus you'll get to see their cattle, horses, clydesdales and donkeys. After the train ride, you will still have plenty of time to see the imu ceremony, participate in arts & crafts and visit the Historic Mansion with its unique shops and galleries.
- Hawaiian luau buffet
- Authentic award-wining Hawaiian show
- Open Bar
- Hawaiian Hula dancers
- Traditional fire knife dancing
- Hawaiian crafts
5:00-6:30: Enjoy craft demonstrations & Hawaiian games
5:30-6:10: Catch a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway (additional charges apply)
5:00-7:30: Open bar
6:15-6:30: Imu ceremony
6:30-7:30: Dinner, dessert, coffee, live music and traditional hula
7:30-8:15: Main show - Kalamaku
8:15-8:30: Photo session with the cast
- Kauai Fresh Green Salad with Choice of Two Dressings – Romaine Lettuce, Organic Red Leaf, Cucumber, Tomato and Red Radish VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Papaya Seed Dressing – Fresh Papaya, Papaya Seeds, Clover Honey, Mayonnaise, Lihing Mui (Dried Plum), Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper, Buttermilk (Eggs) VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Fresh Basil, Sugar, Aji Mirin (Rice Wine), Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Potato Macaroni Salad – Potatoes, Macaroni, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Green Onion, Mayonnaise, Green Peas, Salt and Pepper (Eggs) VEGETARIAN
- Vegetarian Tofu Salad – Tofu, Fresh Tomato, Red Ogo, Maui Onion, Yamasa Shoyu, Powdered Ginger, Sugar, Aji-Mirin (Rice Wine, Glucose Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt) and Sesame Oil VEGAN
- Fresh Pineapple and Papaya Platter – Hawaiian Grown Pineapple, Locally Grown Sunrise Papaya VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Tomatoes, Diced Salmon, Onions, Green Onions, Salt GLUTEN FREE
- Taro Rolls – Taro, Wheat Flour, Yeast, Water, Food Color and Eggs, Served with Honey Butter VEGETARIAN
- Vegetable Chow Mein – Chow Mein Egg Noodles, Bok Choy, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Bell Peppers, Wonbok, Garlic, Shoyu, Lemon Juice, Sambal (Chili Paste), Sesame Oil, Soybean Oil, Vegetable Base, Sugar VEGETARIAN
- Steamed Jasmine Rice – Aromatic Thai Jasmine Rice, Star Anise, Salt, Water, Lemongrass VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Hawaiian Smashed Purple Sweet Potatoes – Kauai Grown Purple Sweet Potatoes, Butter, Coconut Milk, Half and Half, Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper VEGETARIAN ~GLUTEN FREE
- Yellow Curry Ratatouille – Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Carrot, Baby Corn, Chinese Long Bean, Fresh Ginger, Lemongrass, Yellow Curry Paste, Fresh Garlic, Coconut Milk, Kaffir Lime Leaf and Thai Basil, Vegetable Base, Salt, Soybean Oil VEGETARIAN
- Teriyaki Chicken – Marinated Chicken Thighs in Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water and Sugar. Top with Teri Glaze: Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water, Sugar and Corn Starch
- Pan Seared Mahi Mahi (Fish) with Tartar Sauce – Fillet of Mahi, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled White Vinegar, Molasses, Water, Sugar, Onions, Anchovies, Salt, Garlic, Cloves, Tamarind Extract, Chili Pepper Extract), Salt, White Pepper, Flour, Lemon Juice and Eggs
- Kalua Pork – Whole Pig Roasted Underground in and Imu (Hawaiian Earth Oven) Wrapped in Banana Leaves, Salt, Liquid Smoke GLUTEN FREE
- Rice Pudding with Dark Rum Sauce – Pudding (White Rice, Condensed Sweetened Milk, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Unsalted Butter, Salt) VEGETARIAN
- Rum Sauce – Water, Dark Rum, Unsalted Butter, Salt, Lemon Juice, Corn Starch, Brown Sugar VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Haupia – Coconut Milk, Sugar, Salt and Corn Starch VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Banana Cream Pie – Butter, Sweetened Coconut Flakes, Eggs, Salt, Sugar, Corn Starch, Half and Half, Vanilla, Crème de Banana, Egg Whites VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Topping (Fresh Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Dark Rum, Cornstarch), Cake Milk, Unsalted Butter, Eggs, All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt, Comes with a Dollop of Whipped Cream VEGETARIAN
Plantation Owner's Evening Option:
This option is a combination of the Luau Kalamaku evening show and a True Taste of Kauai, a specialized dinner at Gaylord's Restaurant at Kilohana.
Plantation Owner's Evening Dinner Menu
Schedule of the evening:
5:00 pm: Fresh flower lei greeting & check-in at the plantation home
5:15 pm: Champagne reception
5:25 pm: Four-course dinner at Gaylord's Restaurant featuring signature items
6:45 pm: Shopping at the galleries and boutiques inside the plantation home
7:05 pm: Torch lit walk to the Luau Pavilion & stop at the Mango Bar for a Mai Tai or glass of wine
7:30 pm: Premium reserved seating at Kalamaku, the luau show
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice as some ingredients are seasonal and based on availability.